For Artists and Crew
Our pledge to performers, technicians, designers, and volunteers…
Having worked in almost every possible capacity on a show between us, we understand at least a little bit of the great parts and the sucky parts of every job we fill in our productions. We also know very well how much hard work goes into any creative project and how stressful things can get as the big day approaches. One of the things we’re most dedicated to doing with Eclectic Mayhem Productions is providing a respectful, professional, safe space for everyone on our teams, where creative collaboration and camaraderie can thrive. We can’t promise that any project will be easy or that everything will go perfectly, but there are a few things we can promise when you work with us:
- You will be treated with respect as a human being and a fellow professional. We do not yell or lose our tempers or belittle anyone, and we don’t put up with that behavior from anyone else either.
- We will never ask you to do anything we wouldn’t be willing to do. (Maybe something we’re not capable of doing, however!) We’ll always be working at least as hard as you are.
- We will never pressure you to do anything that you’re uncomfortable with.
- Although we’re all working hard, we always try to make sure we still get to have fun. Joy is important!
- We will be up front about what we’re asking from you and what you can expect from us. When there’s confusion, we make it a priority to clear things up right away. We believe in transparency.
- As often as we are able, we will offer at least a stipend for your work. Creative projects often get done on a shoestring, but we believe your work has value and deserves to be recognized. If we can’t pay, we’ll be up front about that, and we’ll always try to make sure the project offers you a F.E.E. (Fair Energy Exchange), so that it’s worth your time.
- We believe in constantly learning and growing. We’ll always be on the lookout for professional development opportunities, and we’ll offer them first to the people we work with.
- You are always invited to talk to us. If you have creative contributions, we’ll make sure you know the best way to offer them. If you have a problem, even if it’s with us, we promise that you can speak to us in confidence, that you will be heard, and that we will do our best to resolve the issue in a calm and respectful way.
- We will bring our full commitment, enthusiasm, and imagination to every project, so that we do everything in our power to give you a great working experience on an artistically and professionally rewarding project.